WOO Films uses media and entertainment to inspire awareness, build excitement and create partnerships that support our youth as the leaders of today.
Our goal is to create contests, films & public service announcements that address issues pertinent to youth today & can be used in a multitude of educational settings.
Some of the projects associated with WOO Films include:
Hosted by WOO founder Hal Eisenberg, The Difference is a web series that spotlights what incredible youth are accomplishing every day to make a difference in their community and the world. Young people are featured and interviewed for the advocacy work they do for charities, fundraisers, non-profits, schools, churches and their communities. Youth programs and organizations are also featured, sometimes with guest “youth” hosts.
The Difference will include a “hot topics” round table discussion with young people providing a variety of viewpoints on issues that face their generation. Opportunities behind the camera will become available for youth interested in learning about video production through camerawork, recording sound, lighting, writing, editing and producing.
- Take Action Documentary Contest – Create and submit a short documentary (3 – 10 minutes) that features an individual, group, program, or organization that brings awareness to youth issues or empowers youth in a particular way.
- WOO Youth Short Film Contest– Create and submit a short film (3 – 10 minutes) that addresses or seriously represents one of the following youth issues: HIV Awareness, Eating Disorders, Bullying, Drug Abuse, LGBTQ issues.
- Run – But Don’t Hide Public Service Announcement Contest – Create and submit a PSA (30 – 90 seconds) that represents the youth theme of Teen Dating Abuse and include the slogan, “Run – but don’t hide”.
- Make a Difference Music Video Contest – Create and submit a music video featuring a song that addresses one of the following youth issues: HIV Awareness, Eating Disorders, Bullying, Drug Abuse, LGBTQ issues.
Winners screen their projects at:
WOO’s 1st Annual Awards Show Ceremony and Fundraiser Dinner on Saturday, April 2nd, 2011
Contestants, families, and their guests will be invited to the WOO Film Awards Show Ceremony and Fundraiser Dinner on Saturday, April 2nd, 2011. Awards will be given to youths and adults in various categories, including Best Direction of a Short, Best Fundraiser in a Documentary, Best Song in a Music Video, Best Concept in a PSA, and many, many more!
- A contract with WOO featuring your project as part of a national curriculum
- Your project featured in Dangerous Love, a motion picture produced by WOO Films in association with Courage Network